Info: 00385 23 383 800
Sojourn tax/Navigation safety fee
SOJOURN TAX FOR BOATERS
- Under the new Sojourn Tax Act, the owner or user of the vessel (yachtsmen) shall pay the sojourn tax for themselves and for all persons staying overnight on that vessel in the flat rate amount if the vessel is
- longer than 5 m with built-in bunks
- The paid flat rate amount covers the stay on board along the entire Croatian coast.
- Yachtsmen can pay the flat rate amount of sojourn tax for different time periods at the Harbor Master’s Office or its branch office
- Yachtsmen paying the flat rate amount of sojourn tax for the first time shall be issued a vignette and an invoice for a specific period of time; the second and every next time of payment only an invoice for the new period shall be issued.
- The validity of vignette is unlimited for vessels of Croatian nationality or it is conditioned by a change of technical characteristics of vessels representing a prerequisite for payment of sojourn tax.
- The vignette must be affixed to a visible place and the invoice proving the payment of sojourn tax must always be on board.
- A charter company shall charge the sojourn tax to guests chartering a boat, in the port of departure, for the entire duration of the charter and for all persons on board.
- The flat rate amount of sojourn tax is determined according to the length of vessel.
- There is a table attached:
|Period||5-9 m||9-12 m||12-15 m||15-20 m||<20 m|
|up to 8 days||150 kn||200 kn||300 kn||400 kn||600 kn|
|up to 15 days||300 kn||350 kn||400 kn||500 kn||800 kn|
|up to 30 days||400 kn||500 kn||600 kn||700 kn||1.00 kn|
|up to 90 days||600 kn||650 kn||750 kn||850 kn||1.300 kn|
|up to 1 year||1.000 kn||1.100 kn||1.300 kn||1.500 kn||1.700 kn|
NAVIGATION SAFETY FEE AND OTHER FEES AND CHARGES
- After Croatia's accession to the EU, there has been some changes regarding fees.
- Skippers are still required to pay the navigation safety fee, the aids to navigation fee, and the maritime chart fee, but actual vignettes will no longer be issued and will be replaced by fee receipts.
- Fee calculations has been also changed after Croatia's accession to the EU, the amount of the navigation safety and pollution prevention fee will vary according to the vessel's length and engine power.
- There is a table attached:
|BOAT LENGHT (m)||ADMINISTRATIVE FEE||NAVIGATION SAFETY FEE||CHART FEE||LIGHT DUES|
|<2,5||40 kn||20*L+2*P||20 kn||10 kn/m|
|2,51 -11,99||40 kn||20*L+2*P||20 kn||10 kn/m|
|12,00 - 40,00||40 kn||20*L+2*P||20 kn||25 kn/m|
|40,01 -||40 kn||7.500 kn||20 kn||25 kn/m|
- L- boat lenght
- P-Total engine power in kW
- No fees are levied on vessel under 2.5 m in length and under 5 kW in engine power.
Calculation of the chages for Navigation Safty fee and other fees and charge for boat lenght 13,15 m and engine power 60 kW.
|Administrative fee||40,00 kn|
|Navigation safetyfee(20*L+2*P)..20x13,15 m+ 2x60 kW||383,00 kn|
|Chart fee||20,00 kn|
|Light dues..(25 Kn x m) 25,00 Kn x 13,15 m||328,75 kn|
- These fees should be added the amounth of the sojourn tax.